How to Change Your Snapchat Username in 2022
These days, we have many apps that let us share photos, but Snapchat stands release from the crowd. Since Snapchat's blastoff, Snapchat has consistently set itself apart from its opponents by providing fun to use and originality in itself.
On Smashers Hub Today, we will be concerned about changing your Snapchat username. How to Change Your Snapchat Username in 2022
If you have been operating Snapchat for a period, you might have noticed that the app doesn't allow you to change your username. Instead, you get to set the username during the account creation process, and it remains that for a lifetime. Snapchat does that to maintain the security & privacy of a user account.
However, it looks like the company has changed its policy and allows its users to change their username on Snapchat. Yes, you read that right! Now you can modify your username on Snapchat instantly, and that's too from the app settings.
Steps to Change Your Snapchat Username
So, if you are curious about changing your Snapchat username, you are reading the proper guide. In this article, we will communicate a step-by-step guide on how to change Snapchat username on Android. Let's check out.
Important: Before changing the Snapchat username, please note that you can only change your username once a year. Right now, you can only use the username that hasn't been previously owned by anyone else.
- First, launch the Snapchat app on your Android smartphone. Next, tap on your profile picture.
- Next, tap on the Settings gear icon as shown below.
- It will open the My Profile page. Here it would be best if you wiped on the Settings option.
- Tap on the Settings page the Username field under the My Account.
- On the next screen, tap on the Change Username link below.
- Now, you will see a confirmation prompt. Tap on the Continue button.
- Now, enter your new username, and tap on the Next button.
- Before making the final changes, you need to enter your account password and tap on the Confirm button.
You are done. It will change your Snapchat username. To confirm the username change, tap on the profile icon at the top left of the screen. You will see your new username under your display name.
Although Snapchat does not allow users to change their usernames, Changing the Username can be done only once a year.
So, make sure to select your username wisely, as you won't be able to revert it.
I hope this article supports you! Please share it with your buddies also. If you have any suspicions regarding this, let me know in the comment box below.