How to Record a Zoom Meeting in 2022?
During the COVID-19 pandemic, multiple video conferencing services have recorded massive growth. Video conferencing or meeting services have become an important productivity tool for communication and cooperation.
If we select the best video conferencing or meeting service, we will pick Zoom. Zoom is a video conference service that allows people to host or participate in online meetings remotely.
Compared to other video conferencing services, Zoom offers numerous valuable attributes to its users, such as:
- Screen sharing
- High-quality audio and more.
- Although Zoom meeting is primarily used for business meetings & conferencing purposes
- It can be utilized for personal one-on-one video chats with family and friends.
If you are a student or an employee and often have to attend a meeting on Zoom, at some point, you might want to record the Zoom meetings. Hence, we will share a step-by-step guide on recording a Zoom meeting in this article. Let’s check out.
Types of Recording Options
If you are an enthusiastic Zoom user, you might understand that the video conferencing service delivers you two different video recording options – Local and Cloud. The Local option is open for every user, and the Cloud one is limited to premium accounts only.
There’s a huge difference between local and cloud recording. Local one saves your videotape on your system, whereas the cloud recording keeps the recording to Zoom’s server.
Things to know before Recording a Zoom Meeting
There are a few specialities that you should know before you record a Zoom meeting.
- First, if you are a participant, you can’t register for the Zoom meeting.
- Only the host of the Zoom session can record the meeting.
- However, you can ask your host to permit you to record the screen.
- If you are a host and want to let a participant record the session, you must click on the Participants button > More Next to the Participant’s name, select the Allow Record option.
- Similarly, right-click on the Participant’s name and select Forbid Record to revoke the permission.
Steps To Record a Zoom Meeting
It’s stunningly easy to record a Zoom Meeting, especially on the desktop operating system. It would be best to obey some of the simple steps we have communicated below.
- First of all, open the Zoom desktop client on your PC and sign in to your Zoom account.
- Now, you need to host a new meeting or join an existing one as a host.
- Now, click on the Record button during the meeting, as shown in the screenshot below.
- If you have a Zoom premium account, you will get an option to select between Local and Cloud recording.
- Relate on the Stop button to quit the recording, Or else, click on the More button and select Stop Recording.
- The clip will be preserved to the C: Drive > Zoom folder on your system as you stop the recording. You can extend that folder to view the recording.
- If you have picked the cloud recording option, visit zoom.us and log in with your account. Then, open the Recording tab to view the saved recordings.
How to Record a Zoom Meeting without permission
If you are a participant and the host is not allowing you to record the Zoom Meeting, you need to look for other ways to record a screen.
To record a Zoom meeting without permission, you need to utilize third-party screen recording software. As of now, there is multiple screen recording software available for Windows PC; you can use any of them to record your full screen.
If you are reaching for a premium screen recorder, ensure that the screen recorder supports audio.
It’s lovely easy to record a Zoom meeting, provided you have the permission. I hope this article helped you! Please communicate it with your friends also. If you have any mistrusts about this, let us comprehend the comment box below.